Currently Reading: Abhorsen by Garth Nix
I haven’t done one of these in awhile, but I’m sort of bored so I figure I might as well. So, here is my attempt to find five interesting things to briefly mention about this week:
1. Today I paid my tuition, paid the charge for my degree, paid my cable/internet bill, pulled some chicken out of the freezer to thaw for dinner, and balanced my checkbook. My inner child is so active that it still makes me giggle when I remember I’m 22 years old and therefore have to do things like a Responsible Adult every once in awhile. And then I decided that I was done being a grownup for the day and proceeded to take a nap.
2. I had a minor freakout this morning because in the midst of the whole being responsible thing I decided I might as well register for my state-mandated test of my middle school social studies and language arts knowledge (because before I can get a teaching certificate I have to prove my competency in the subject areas in which I plan to be endorsed), and found out that the test in November isn’t being offered up here, and the next test is in January, and the test scores are supposed to come in within a week of when I start student teaching and OMG WILL THAT BE ENOUGH TIME? Anyway. This is the second time I’ve had to push back my intended test date. I really, really wanted to be taking it two weeks from tomorrow, but unfortunately that’s the same day as my Mandatory Work Training. GUH. I just want to have the stupid thing over with, y’know?
3. I’ve been trying to figure out ways to politely inform my friends that they have to stop asking me to make social commitments during Seahawks games. I’ve been letting it slide the past couple weeks because it’s only preseason and, frankly, the games have been pretty boring. But seriously, guys, regular season starts next weekend, and I probably won’t be answering phone calls. However, I probably will be sending out frenzied tweets venting frustration and happiness and probably mostly frustration, so PREPARE YOURSELVES.
4. Ordering my textbook for my art history class made the whole graduating thing a little anticlimactic. Just saying.
5. I’m going to see Taylor Swift on Wednesday! 😀 This will be the third time I’ve seen her. I’m going with my parents and my brother and sister, because my family is cool. (I would just like to clarify that there is no sarcasm in that statement.)
Anyway…my life isn’t terribly exciting. I’ve mostly been reading, because I’ve still got a ton of books out from the library I need to get through before the OMGMADNESS starts up again.
Here, have a picture of kittens:
Currently Listening To: David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida – “Where Them Girls At”