1. Taylor Swift was awesome. Aside from the part where we got stuck in traffic for like two hours because, for whatever reason, pretty much every exit getting into the Tacoma Dome except one was closed, meaning EVERYONE was all stuck trying to get in the same way. Oh, and the part where I ended up hopping out of the car and running the rest of the way to the Dome because, darn it all, I really needed a bathroom. And the part where I hadn’t eaten in like four hours so I really just wanted to punch someone in the face when we finally got to the Dome and it was all OMGPEOPLE. (I get cranky when I don’t eat.)
But other than those things, it was fun, more so when I finally got food into my system. I don’t have any pictures because I forgot my camera (which isn’t all that great anyway), but I’m sure you can Google her tour and see pictures for yourself if you’re really curious – it was totally elaborate, a lot of different sets and costume changes. (I really, really want Taylor’s dresses. All of them.) Taylor was as adorable as always. This was my third time seeing her, and I will definitely be seeing her again next time she comes through.
I also want to take a moment to say how proud I am of my 13-year-old brother, who knows every single word to every single one of her songs, and bragged about it. And sure enough, I looked over, and he was singing along *almost* as loudly as our sister and me.
2. Football. It is officially back! I didn’t get to watch a lot of the college games last weekend because I decided that I should probably make the most of my social life in these last couple weeks I still have one, but I did get return to my apartment in time to watch USC win. (No! What can I say, my family is UW Huskies all the way. =) ) I almost forgot the NFL regular season kicked off last night, but fortunately I was already watching President Obama’s jobs speech and the game was on right after that…hooray for my need to feel informed! Anyway, I was able to spend some quality time warming up my lungs as I cheered on the Saints, and I look forward to using them on Sunday when the Seahawks play the Niners.
3. I have a placement for my high school practicum already. Two weeks before the quarter starts. Which, if you recall my experience from my middle school practicum last winter, you probably realize is already a vast improvement. (Not that my middle school practicum experience was bad. It was actually really good. Just starting halfway through the quarter meant that I had to hit the ground running right away.) I’m not really sure how this whole thing is actually gonna go down. I look like I’m 15, so this should be interesting…
4. So far this week, my parents have yet to ask me when I’m bringing a man home to meet them, and my sister has only demanded nieces and/or nephews once. Success!
5. I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season on Monday. I look forward to many, many more.
Random picture of the week:
All the time, guys.
Currently Reading: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins