1. After being trapped inside all last week, it was nice to be able to go out. A little bit. Earlier this week was pretty ridiculous, and I needed an arc, but yesterday was really nice, and I even walked to the store, which is probably a couple miles round trip. I didn’t even wear a coat, which, as it turns out, was sort of a mistake because it’s still a little chilly. But hooray for no longer being a prisoner in my own apartment!
2. So, since I’m getting ready to start my student teaching on Tuesday, I’ve decided that now is the PERFECT time to start writing Book Two. Because I won’t be busy enough, right? Not with getting used to the school, and working on my teaching, and starting revisions on Book One (which will probably happen next weekend), and spending my weekends trapped in a kitchen making bacon and french toast for hungover college students, and trying to figure out this whole being a grownup thing. But I’m just so excited and I’ve got so much momentum, I can’t not write it. So, anyway, it’s called OPAQUE, and will follow Calanthe and Vantandal and Haydée, as well as some new characters such as Alex(andra) and Drew whom I’m totally loving already.
I don’t understand my brain sometimes.
3. So, yeah, I start student teaching on Tuesday. I’ve already been in the classroom a few times, just observing and trying to figure out how things work, and starting to get to know the kids, but I start full time hours next week. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it on here, but I’m teaching 6th graders. I’m excited.
4. I’ll be road-tripping down to Seattle-ish on Monday evening to see John Green, along with my friend/fellow medievalist/Facebook wife Katelynne. DFTBA.
5. My life is so mundane, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is my sleep schedule. I’ve been trying to prepare myself for the shock of Mornings by trying to force myself to get up at 5:30 every morning this week. Monday was successful (because I was already awake, anyway), but on the whole I’ve been pretty bad at it.
Clearly, I’ve chosen the correct career path.
Currently Listening To: Jake Owen – “The One That Got Away”
Currently Reading: Splendor by Anna Godbersen