1. This weekend is mid-winter break. Which means…four day weekend! Which couldn’t have come at a better time, because my darling students decided to share their plague germs with me, landing me with a lovely cold. I’m feeling a little better today, but I felt so bad yesterday, there were seriously a couple times throughout the day I thought I was going to start crying. (I didn’t, though. Working with students on their short stories cheered me right up.)
2. I’m using this weekend to: make a dent in my ginormous library pile, catch up on TV shows, read through Darcy’s book (as well as read through all of her comments on SHARDS), catch up on replying to comments and looking at fellow Campaigners’ blogs (I haven’t forgotten you all!), and answering all the 11 Questions (x5) that I’ve been tagged in. To which I can only say, I hope I’m as interesting as you all seem to think I am =)
3. 12/12/12/ update: I’m a little less than halfway through A Clash of Kings right now. Books like this take me forever to get through, just because they’re so dense and there’s so much going on…but I love it. At this point, I’m digging all of the political machinations. Theon, though, has taken the Least Favorite Character crown from Sansa (although, to be fair, I was already starting to find her less annoying, anyway). Anyway, I’m hoping to make significant progress this weekend so I can get this finished by the end of the month.
4. Beginnings have always been the easiest part of writing for me. But I just can’t seem to figure out how to start OPAQUE. I’ve been stuck in the same place all week. I’m mostly just working on other things for now while my brain takes some time to sort that out. Whatever. I’m not too worried about it.
5. In addition to becoming a morning person, teaching is also turning me into a tea drinker and a wearer of cardigans and khakis. To sum up: I don’t even know who I am anymore.
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
Currently Listening To: Christina Perri – “Miles”