I’ve had various people give me awards in the past couple weeks, and since I’ve been really bad about reading emails lately, I’m only now getting around to posting! So, to you lovely people who awarded me, thank you again!
-Thank the person who gave you the award and provide a link.
-Write a post about it.
-Answer the questions below.
-Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and let them know.
Answer 10 Questions:
Favorite color – Hot Pink
Favorite animal – Unicorns. Oh, wait, they’re not real?
Favorite number – 4 8 15 16 23 42
Favorite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee
Facebook or Twitter – Both. My Facebook is private and used to talk to people I know in real life, and Twitter to talk to all you writer folk. They both have their benefits.
My passion –
Medieval torture devices Writing & Teaching.
Getting or giving presents? – I get embarrassed when people give me presents for no apparent reason. Definitely giving (even though I can’t do it very often because I’m poor).
Favorite pattern – So I guess I’ll talk about clothes again? I tend to wear solids but if I do wear patterns, I go for either plaid or stripes.
Favorite day of the week – Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday…
Favorite flower – Sunflowers!
-Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
-List 7 interesting things about yourself that your readers might find interesting.
-Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
7 Interesting Things:
1. In high school, I lettered in academics, marching band, and Knowledge Bowl, and also did a stint as secretary of our school’s creative writing club. In college, I went on to do time in pep band and was secretary of our Harry Potter Club, helping to organize our annual Yule Ball a couple times (which is a BIG DEAL because it’s one of the biggest events on campus every year!). Nerd, I am one.
2. Last summer, for my middle school language arts endorsement, I had to take a YA Lit class. My final was to choose a YA book and write a unit plan about it. I chose The Hunger Games and used it to write a totally awesome unit on media literacy. I hope I actually get to use it someday.
3. Last summer, my bestie and I went to go see the Backstreet Boys together. At one point the guys were walking through the crowd, and we stood literally five feet away from Nick and Brian. Best. Night. Ever.
4. I once wrote a story, based on an experience I had in high school, in which a high school marching band forms a political party and tries to stage a coup to overthrow the popular kids who run student government.
5. I recently discovered raspberry pomegranate green tea, and it is love.
6. I played flute for almost 10 years, and I haven’t touched my instrument in a few years now (even though it’s currently sitting in my room). I regret that I stopped playing. I’m thinking that on one of these weekends, I might have to go down to a music store and pick up some music and start playing again, because I miss it.
7. I also did a brief stint as an oboist. I played my senior year of high school. It’s a beautiful instrument, and one of my favorites, but it’s a total pain to play.
And from Sophie:
I’m supposed to write random things about myself here, too, but I’m feeling lazy, so see above.
I’m also supposed to tag people, but I think most people have already received these awards, so if you haven’t yet, I give it to YOU. Feel free to accept it and then keep the love going!
Currently Listening To: Oh Land – “Human”
Currently Reading: Fever by Lauren DeStefano