Currently Listening To: Alex Clare – “Too Close”
Currently Reading: The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
1. Um…so I think I’m turning into a plotter. I spent my Wednesday night outlining the rest of my SHARDS rewrite (which I’d started plotting and then stopped a quarter of the way through), and then I went ahead and outlined OPAQUE, and I even started an outline for Book 3. This picture is SHARDS.
2. So…Magic Mike. Who’s excited? I’m excited. Although slightly less so since Caitlinalerted me that the movie actually has a plot. Who knew?
3. Right now I’m in the middle of two books, The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan, and The Two Towers(which I’ve already read, like, five times, but whatever). My roommate totally rolled her eyes at me when she saw me reading Tolkien this morning, but since she was watching anime at the time, she really doesn’t have room to talk.
4. On Monday I made this recipe for oven baked chicken fajitasI found on Pinterest. It was pretty much the easiest thing ever. There’s a lot of prep at the beginning – slicing and stirring – but then you pretty much just throw everything in a baking pan and throw it in the oven for 25 minutes. I ate the leftovers for three days, and I think I’ll need to make it again soon…this pizzadilla I’m eating for lunch right now just isn’t the same!
5. I’m currently looking at bridesmaid dresses on the David’s Bridal website because my friend is getting married in October. It would be so much better if I could actually go into a store and try on dresses since dresses and I have this weird relationship in which most dress styles hate me, but there isn’t a store near me, so I guess I’ll just have to try my luck on the internet and hope I don’t have to have it altered *too* much…
On a related note, it’s totally weird that I have friends getting married now. What is my life.
Have a great weekend, everyone!