Can you believe we’re already almost done with the first month of 2013?
- Writing: I’ve been chipping away at my SHARDS revisions. I’ve also started incorporating beta and CP feedback into the first few chapters, as well as paying close attention to my word choice and syntax. I’m getting close…
- Reading: I’ve read more historical fiction this month than I read all of last year, and looking at my library pile, it appears this trend will continue. However, I did make time for The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken, which you should really read if you haven’t already. I also joined the 2013 Debut Author Challenge, and am waiting on several debuts from the library right now.
- Reviews: So far this year I’ve managed to keep to a blogging schedule, which includes posting book reviews on weekends. Books I’ve reviewed this month: The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima; Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle by Rosalind Miles; Legacy by Cayla Kluver; Sacred Treason by James Forrester; Allegiance by Cayla Kluver; Venom by Fiona Paul; Eleven Eleven by Paul Dowswell; The Lucky Ones by Anna Godbersen; and What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
- Cooking: So far my whole trying one new recipe a week experiment has been successful. Behold the food porn!
All pictures link to their recipes. (I’m a particularly huge fan of the cookies, which I spent that entire Seattle/Atlanta playoff game shoveling into my face and not feeling guilty about it because they’re pretty much entirely pumpkin and applesauce.)
- I was sick for a week, and the rest of the time I wasn’t sick was spent working…so nothing terrible exciting happened this month. Except my friend/wifey Katelynne, who goes to grad school in Ireland, came back to the States over winter break, and I got to see her before she went back, so hooray for that!