Or, a bulleted list of what I’ve been up to lately because I couldn’t think of anything else to do for Q:
- Working. Which isn’t the most exciting opener for this list, but it’s what I’ve been doing.
- I realized all the time I was spending on FIRE was taking away from finishing my revisions on SHARDS, so I’ve put FIRE on the backburner while I finish SHARDS. I only have 10k left which means I’M ALMOST DONE.
- I really, really hope revising doesn’t take this long on every project I ever write. I want to think the only reason it’s taking forever is because a) this is the first time I’ve ever been serious enough about anything to actually go through the whole process so I’m still learning what works best for me, and b) I pantsed that first draft of SHARDS and it takes longer to clean up the hot mess that thing was than it would if I had outlined it.
- I’ve started compiling a spreadsheet of agents to query with SHARDS, since I expect I’ll be spending the summer querying. I’ll also be applying for jobs (I hope…there have to be jobs for me to apply for!) so I’m going to be super paranoid about accidentally sending my cover letter instead of my query and vice versa. Which is totes something I would do.
- I’ve started using totes on a regular basis. However, I draw the line at the word one of my students last week tried to make happen: quesht (as in, “I have a quesht.”).
- When my alarm woke me up at 5:15 this morning, I was in the middle of a dream about escaping from zombies. I’d just climbed up a tree to escape them. I only seem to remember dreams if they involve zombies.
- I signed a lease this week for a house with my roommate and her boyfriend, so we’ll be moving in August. (For those of you who are confused about the lag: since I live in a college town, most property management companies pre-lease so the students can get housing all squared away before they leave for the summer.) B and I have only every lived in apartments, so we’re excited about an actual HOUSE even though the cheaper rent will be balanced out by paying all of the utilities. But at least we won’t have that girl above us doing zumba at 11 at night anymore.
What have you been up to lately?