Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far in 2013:
- Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta: While I wish I’d waited to read the other two books until this one was out so I could read them all back to back, I did love this one beyond words and it was a really satisfying conclusion.
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: So many feels. [Review]
- Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers: Not only are the assassin nuns awesome, but the character development is, as well. And if you love political intrigue, this one is for you. [Reviews here and here]
- Easy by Tammara Webber: Lucas ❤ [Review]
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: I loved how different Elisa is from a lot of the YA heroines I’ve seen. It was refreshing watching her struggle to find her inner rockstar, which is something a lot of teen girls will be able to relate to. [Review]
- Prodigy by Marie Lu: The stakes are even higher in this one, and I loved every minute of it. [Review]
- Broken at Love by Lyla Payne: I know I’m beating a dead horse with this one, but seriously, go read it, especially if you’re not normally into contemporary romances. Emile will be a smart enough heroine to win you over. [Review]
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: I read this one in January and I’M STILL NOT OKAY. [Review]
- Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi: Well, Perry, obviously. Also, we get to see tons of Roar, which is always a plus.
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour: I didn’t expect to love this one as much as I did because it’s a contemporary, but that just goes to show you can’t judge a book by its genre.
What are your favorite reads of 2013 so far?