Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Ten Five Things That Make My Life As A Reader/Blogger Easier
- Libraries: I only have so much money to spend on books, so my library card is basically the best thing that’s ever happened to me because I have access to SO MANY BOOKS and they’re all free! Plus, if there’s a book the branch I usually go to doesn’t have, I can request it and have it sent to my home branch from one of the county’s other branches, so I rarely have trouble getting my hands on a particular book I want to read. And, finally, my library has a pretty extensive ebook collection, so I don’t even have to put on pants to check out books anymore.
- Goodreads: Goodreads makes it so easy to keep track of which books I want to read and which books I’ve read. The downside is that my TBR shelf has over 1000 books on it…
- Scheduling Posts: From a blogging standpoint, being able to schedule posts in advance is nice because I can write up posts when I have time and they’ll post later when the time comes. (I know I haven’t really been blogging lately so you’re probably rolling your eyes at this statement, but when I am in a blogging groove, it totally works!)
- Social Media: I’ve had people ask me where I find all these books I read/want to read, and I have to say that social media is simultaneously a blessing and a curse. I find so many books to read – really, most of the books I read these days – by reading blogs and following people on Twitter.
- Amazon (shhhh…): I’ve bought so many more books since getting a Kindle because Amazon makes it so easy. See: simultaneous blessing and curse.
What sorts of things make your life as a reader and/or blogger easier?