Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie Or TV Show
- Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver: I was so disappointed when this one wasn’t picked up. To be fair, I didn’t really like the changes I heard about, anyway, but in a perfect world, this would be awesome as a movie trilogy. (I would totally keep Emma Roberts as Lena, too.)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: Aside from just how awesome it would look, we’d get to stare at the Darkling for two hours. I mean, obviously.
- Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi: Same reasoning as Shadow and Bone, except replace the Darkling with Perry and Roar and we’re set.
- False Memory by Dan Krokos: I could see this making a totally awesome action movie. And my life would be incomplete without explosions and butt-kicking.
- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas: This would also be an awesome action movie, with the added benefit of Celaena’s glorious wardrobe coming to life and being able to stare at Dorian and Chaol for a few hours. Wins all around, right?
- Tamora Pierce’s Tortall books: I feel like these could do well as a TV series, since there’s so many of them and they’re all connected with the characters and everything. Adventure stories seem to be popular right now, and this is just another one of those.
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour: A coming of age story with the potential for an awesome soundtrack and spectacular cinematography thanks to its setting. Yes, please.
- Luxe and/or Bright Young Things Series by Anna Godbersen: I’ve likened both of these series to Gossip Girl in the Victorian and Roaring Twenties, respectively. Both of these book series obviously have The CW written all over them.
- His Fair Assassin Trilogy by Robin LaFevers: ASSASSIN NUNS. That is all.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman: Europe + cute boys = instawin.
In a perfect world, what book would you like to see as a movie or TV show?