One of my goals last week was to write every day, which I didn’t do, because I got caught up in doing research instead. I also wanted to finish critiquing a couple MSs I’m in the middle of, which I also didn’t accomplish. I guess I did still get a lot done, just not with the things I was planning to.
My Goals For This Week
- Add 2500 new words to FIRE. [RESEARCH IS NOT WRITING, Self.]
Add 1000 new words to OPAQUE. Finish critiquing Emma’s MS, since that was supposed to be done, like, a week ago. [For which you have my ETERNAL APOLOGIES, Emma!] Revise the first chapter of FIRE for the chapter critique I won from the YA Buccaneers Boot Camp.
[Obviously, I’m hearkening back to my teacher training with specific, measurable goals, etc.]
One Phrase That Sums Up What I Wrote
The Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week
My brain wandering off to prepping for revisionland, which is nice and all, except I actually need to finish the draft in order to have something to revise.
Something I Love About My WIP
Part of the reason I ended up in researchland is because I need to bulk up on world building in FIRE. Which is how I ended up on Wikipedia, reading the entire American Frontier article (which is very LONG, by the way), and bookmarking others to read later so I wouldn’t end up in the Wikipedia Vortex. The history of the frontier was my first love before medieval history wooed me away (thank you, Laura Ingalls Wilder), so it’s been interesting reading.
Song Of The Week [Oh yes. It’s back.]
SORRY I’M NOT SORRY.
- Monday, July 7: Finished reading that gloriously lengthy article about the frontier.
- Tuesday, July 8: FIRE world building + OPAQUE research
- Wednesday, July 9: FIRE world building
- Thursday, July 10: FIRE research [Salem witch trials awww yeah]
- Friday, July 11: Finished beta read of MS; revised FIRE chapter for critique
- Saturday, July 12: 628 words on OPAQUE + wrote a real, actual outline for this first draft
- Sunday, July 13: 542 words on OPAQUE + 1068 words on FIRE