I hit 3/4 goals, so that felt good. I revised Chapter One of FIRE, finished beta’ing a MS, added 1100 words to OPAQUE, and added 1000 words to FIRE (out of the 2500 I’d hoped for).
You can see last week’s post for specifics.
My Goals For This Week
Read through the next scene of FIRE and make notes.
- Finish beta’ing Rebecca’s MS.
- Add 1000 words to OPAQUE.
- Add 2500 words to FIRE.
- Finish all of the hard copy library books I have out so I don’t have to worry about due dates when I leave for vacation next week!
A Favorite Line
So I ran, and left everyone else to die.
[I’m not identifying which WIP this is from MUHAHAHA.]
The Biggest Challenge I Faced This Week
THE HEAT. UGH. It’s been 80+ degrees all week, which I realize has many of you going LOL FOREVER but that’s ridiculously hot for a place that normally only sees heat like this for a day or two at a time so residential areas with air conditioners are unicorns, basically. (I read a joke one time that says you know you’re from Washington when you know more people with boats than you know people with air conditioners. This is actually a fact.)
Basically, it’s been a challenge not to lie on my bedroom floor all day questioning my will to live.
Something I Love About My WIP
I spent some time earlier this week writing up the history of my city-state in FIRE. It reminded me of all those hours in middle school I spent reading the appendices at the end of my copy of The Return of the King, which I realize makes me a huge nerd but it’s also part of the reason I wanted to write fantasy, so I could make up all these cool things.
Song of the Week
- Monday, July 14: added 574 words to FIRE [get Ke$ha on this because IT’S GOING DOWN] + read/made notes on what will be Chapter 2 in the next draft
- Tuesday, July 15: 0 words
- Wednesday, July 16: added 197 words to FIRE
- Thursday, July 17: 0 words
- Friday, July 18: read five chapters
- Saturday, July 19: read two chapters
- Sunday, July 20