I decided to start doing Top Ten Tuesday again (it’s been a couple years), and lo and behold, this week is a freebie! So I’ve decided to narrow down my assorted lists of favorite books down to ten. Because I hate myself. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten All-Time Favorite Books and/or Series
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: I’ve reread these books like ten times, and I will never not grow tired of them.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien: Harry Potter introduced me to fantasy, but LOTR is what really got me into it.
- The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce: Tamora Pierce is the reason I write fantasy. I will never not try to force these books on the rest of the world.
- Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder: The sole reason I read as much as I do.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: This book isn’t the least bit romantic, and Cathy and Heathcliff are horrible people, and I think that’s why I love it so much?
- Looking for Alaska by John Green: This book changed my life.
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken: This is a delightful fantasy that more people need to read.
- Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith: The people I know are either obsessed with this book or have never heard of it. Do yourself a favor and become part of the former group. VIDANRIC 5EVER.
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin: There are some many OH NO HE DIDN’T moments in this book in particular that I had to scrape my jaw off the floor when I finished, true story. Also, multiple least favorite characters turned into favorite characters, which is a testament to the quality of Martin’s character development.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson: One of the best uses of a love triangle – if not the best – I’ve ever seen.