I’m jumping in on Writer Recharge a week late…oops! I was fully intending to get my goals up last week, but never actually got around to sitting down and writing a post. Better late than never, I guess?
- Write/Revise: I’m about 10k from the end of the material I have from the previous draft of FROM THE ASHES, and then I’ll be writing the rest of the book from scratch since I decided to combine it all into a standalone. By the end of February, I’d like to have revised that last 10k I have. And for this week (Feb. 9-15) I also want to have an outline done for another WIP, my rewrite of my 2007 NaNo, AN UNFORGIVING LAND.
- Read/Reread: I’ve had The Canterbury Tales sitting in my TBR for approximately forever, and as a medievalist, it’s embarrassing that I haven’t read one of the defining works of the Middle Ages. So, that’s going to happen this month.
- Stretch: This is going to sound weird, but I HATE going to get my hair cut because I hate small talk (says the girl who works as a cashier and can rock the small talk if she absolutely has to [i.e. is being paid for it]), and the thought of being trapped in a chair for 30+ minutes either interacting with a stranger or sitting in awkward silence is just torturous to me. But my hair needs some TLC like whoa, so I’m going to do that at some point this month.
- Self: I’m trying to actually cook dinner for myself once or twice a week instead of just ordering in or popping something in the microwave. I’m fully capable of cooking for myself, it’s just that I’m usually too lazy and/or tired, and cooking for one also kinda sucks. But I know I’ll feel way less gross and save money by cooking at home.
- Connect: I want to get in on Twitter writing parties. I do #WriteClub sometimes, but I want to make that more of a priority
so my Friday night plans sound less sad. Also, I want to do at least one #WriterRecharge party each week, which is completely doable since I’ve got a lot of evenings free at the moment thanks to it being the slow season at Other Job.
- Fun: For Valentine’s Day, I’ve got a romantic evening with myself planned. I’m going to have a Netflix marathon and order some Chinese food. Self-love is the most important love of all. (I once saw a post on Tumblr that said something to the effect of “I want to love myself as much as Kanye loves Kanye.” That is the goal I’m always striving for.)