Check out last week’s post for details!
- Write/Revise: One of my goals last week was to finish outlining AN UNFORGIVING LAND, which I did! I’m planning to spend the rest of the month doing research and world building for this one. I also revised 3000 words in FROM THE ASHES (most of them yesterday!). I ended up sending 15 pages to one of my CPs last night. This week, I’d like to revise ten more pages in FROM THE ASHES and send them to that same CP by Sunday night.
- Read: I started The Canterbury Tales. The edition I’m reading left it in Middle English, so that’s been…an experience. Once I got into a good rhythm, though it’s not been so bad, and reading out loud is helping, too. After I finished the General Prologue I compared my comprehension to SparkNotes, and it turned out I’d gotten everything important, so hooray for that! I think the strangest thing about reading it is how much work I have to put into it to follow it, since I read mostly YA so I’m used to just breezing through books in a few hours.
- Stretch: I literally just got back from getting my hair cut, and it’s really nice no longer feeling like Cousin It.
- Connect: I check in with #WriteClub a couple times on Friday, but I was mostly working on research so I wasn’t super consistent with it. At some point this week, I want to do a Twitter party.
- Fun: I ended up watching two episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on Saturday afternoon before being called into work – which was fine, because I need the money, anyway. I made up for it yesterday, though, since one of my friends was visiting and we got brunch and coffee with some of our other friends. This week, I’m doing dinner with my roommates and one of our friends, so that will be fun.